Next Steps

To get started using your educational benefits, follow the steps below:

  1. Apply to the USW academic program of your choice.
  2. Apply for your choice of Veterans benefits or call the VA Education Call Center at 1-888-442-4551.  Please note VA regulations state Active Duty Servicepersons may not receive standard VA benefits for the same courses for which they receive Tuition Assistance (TA) from the military. Some Active Guard Reserve (AGR) members receiving Chapter 1606 or Chapter 1607 benefits are considered to be on active duty. The active duty prohibition would apply to these AGR members.
  3. Once accepted to USW and registered for classes, ensure all required documentation has been sent to the USW VA advisor;
      • Certificate of Eligibility from the VA
      • Military transcript(s)
      • Transcripts of other institutions previously attended
      • DD214, member 4
      • Students who have previously utilized VA education benefits at another college or university, will need to submit the REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF PROGRAM OR PLACE OF TRAINING (VA FORM 22-1995 or 22-5495)
  4. Chapters 1606, 1607, and 30 Veterans may verify their monthly enrollment by either clicking on the WAVE link or by calling the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System: (877) 823-2378.
  5. All students are encouraged to review their funding options and complete the yearly free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).