University Grants - Grant Listings Information
University grants are offered to full-time, face to face, undergraduate students who are enrolled in courses offered on the campus of USW and who demonstrate eligibility and meet the criteria below, and do not receive a USW athletic award. This includes freshman, transfer, and returning students. Recipients of the University Grant are strongly encouraged to enroll in at least 14-16 hours per semester. All University Grants will be awarded for a maximum period of up to 4 years. Please submit our online award application here

Mustang "Athletic" Grant

Mustang Grant is available to degree seeking undergraduate student athletes who are full-time and are taking at least 12 credit hours per semester in a face-to-face setting. Sports eligible for grant: baseball, softball, basketball, soccer, tennis, volleyball, golf, cross-country, track and field, cheer and dance. Athletic scholarships are determined by the coach and participation in the program.

Donor Funded Scholarships
USW awards donor scholarships to deserving students each semester. Donor Funded Scholarships are available to degree seeking undergraduate students. If you have a 3.0+ GPA and would like to apply to be matched to one of our donor scholarships, please click on this link: USW scholarship application. Please print, fill out the application and return it to the Development Office (Application can also be scanned and sent electronically). Applications are accepted continually. 

All undergraduate students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form annually. This allows for the full range of financial aid options, including all federal financial aid programs and USW institutional aid programs

Financial aid is one source of helping meet the cost of attendance at USW. Families are expected to contribute towards the cost of attendance from either their own resources or from outside resources. Students are also encouraged to search for scholarships from outside sources.

Appeal Process

Students have the right to appeal financial aid decisions. Appeals must be made in writing to the Financial Aid Director of respective college and must respond to the decisions being appealed. The Appeal Application is available from your Financial Aid Director of respective college.

External Scholarship Search Services
Please visit the Resources page.

NBCC Scholarship Information

Click here
to learn more.

Program Eligibility How to Apply

I CAN Scholarship Students apply to program while in junior high or high school. Details and applications available in the Office of Enrollment Services or Office of Financial Aid.

I CAN Application and related documentation.Student must take at least six credit hours per semester in a face-to-face setting. Student must be enrolled full time at USW and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
The Jack Maddox Distinguished Scholarship Program.

Contact the Jack Maddox Distinguished Scholarship Program for eligibility information. Applications are available online at the J.F. Maddox Foundation's website,