History studies at University of the Southwest help the student gain an understanding of the following:
- the key ideas of western civilization and their impact on the society in which they live;
- American history and the ideas and circumstances that have shaped the nation as it exists today;
- the basic principles of the historical interpretation of documents and artifacts;
- world cultures and religions;
- the various philosophies of history; and
- an understanding of historical methodology and the ability to successfully apply it to a research project.
The research skills and global understanding gained by our students in this program should prepare them for success in academia or, indeed, any field that requires a broad understanding of the world coupled with analytical skill.
For more information, contact:
, BA, MDiv, Ph.D.
Professor of History