Masters Programs


Master of Science in Education (MSE)

Admission to the graduate program is open to qualified applicants with a bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association.

Applicants for admission to the graduate program are evaluated on the individual merits of their academic achievements and their potential to complete graduate level coursework and curriculum requirements.

As a professional graduate school, the College of Education (COE) expects its graduate candidates to be well-qualified professionals, to be grounded in practical experience, and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.

The College of Education offers graduate coursework that leads to a Master's of Science in Education with specialization in one of the following: The College of Education also offers graduate coursework that leads towards an Alternative Teacher License in the State of New Mexico with our Alternative Licensure Program 

Graduates who receive a Master's degree in School Counseling, Educational Administration, or Educational Diagnostics may apply for a New Mexico license. However, in order to receive a New Mexico license in one of these specializations, the graduate must pass the appropriate licensing exam or New Mexico Teacher Assessment.

Individuals who do not wish to apply for a New Mexico license in school counseling, educational administration, educational diagnostics should check with their state's department of education to determine how their licensure requirements compare with New Mexico's requirements. The following list of certification offices may prove useful: Locating U.S. State Certification Offices 

State Licensure Requirements