Since 1962, the University of the Southwest has been educating young minds, helping mold the next generation of leaders through Christ-centered values.
Location: Hobbs, New Mexico
University of the Southwest is an accredited member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools,
one of the six regional agencies that evaluate educational institutions. This is the highest form of accreditation a university is bestowed.
Undergraduate degree programs:
53 majors (including specialties)
Graduate degree programs:
President: Quint C. Thurman, Ph.D.
- MBA (with choice of 11 specializations)
- MS Education (with choice of 9 specializations)
- All graduate programs are fully online
Click here to download the USW student body fact sheet
Click here for USW 1st year to 2nd year retention rates
Click here for USW graduation rates
- Student Organizations and Activities: USW has 12 student organizations including professional, academic honor, Christian ministry and civic and cultural. The University also supports an intramural sports program where students, staff and faculty are welcome to participate.
- Housing: 59% of undergraduates live on-campus in residence halls or apartment housing.
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics – Division I
Baseball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer, Softball, Men's Tennis, Women's Tennis, Women's Volleyball, Men's & Women's Cross Country, Men's & Women's Track & Field and Men's & Women's Golf.
Financial aid is available to students who qualify. Over 80% of our students receive some form of aid.
University of the Southwest is a Yellow Ribbon School