Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Provost
Reports to: Provost
The goal for each member of the USW campus community is to consistently live the principles of the mission of the University. The USW mission is as follows:
University of the Southwest is a Christ-centered educational community dedicated to developing men and women for a lifetime of servant leadership by emphasizing individual faith, responsibility, and initiative.
· As a Christ-centered community, the campus community honors freedom of thought and expression and encourages the demonstration of faith in acts of service.
· While pursuing excellence, University of the Southwest is committed to operating independently and responsibly – without support from taxes.
· As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant to the Provost is responsible for the management of the University’s academic programming and related support services.
1. Provide administrative support for the Provost and manage the Provost’s schedule.
2. Coordinate the Provost’s activities to support those of the President, Vice Presidents, and the School Deans.
3. Respond to tasks assigned from the President’s office, forwarding such tasks to the appropriate office and monitoring the timely response.
4. Review class enrollment periodically prior to each term in preparation for faculty contracts.
5. Manage annual faculty contracts, as well as overload, and adjunct faculty contracts
each teaching session.
6. Revision of Faculty Handbook and Adjunct Faculty Handbook as needed.
7. Responsible for setting up Faculty In-service and Adjunct Faculty In-Service.
8. Create and maintain all necessary records for the Provost’s office and work with
University personnel in the documentation of policies and procedures.
9. Recording and transcribing for Faculty Council, Academic Council, Academic Program Committee, Commencement Meetings, and other meetings as assigned by Provost.
10. Managing and maintaining Academic Services Budget.
11. Manage, review, and draft responses to incoming Provost/Academic Services correspondence. Establish uniform correspondence, procedures, and style practices.
12. Coordination with Registrar of Commencement Ceremonies.
13. Assist HR with faculty searches….advertisement, itineraries, accommodations, etc.
14. Coordination and communication of administrative assistants within each school.
15. Coordinating travel as needed for the Provost and some faculty members.
16. Coordinate and schedule meetings, special events, and other events as required.
17. Manage the telephone and electronic communications of the Office of Provost.
18. Maintain faculty module in CAMS.
19. Assist and advise each department reporting to Provost as needed.
20. Participate in ongoing training and development activities as appropriate.
1. Promote a culture of positive relations and communication.
2. Maintain a strict decorum of confidentiality.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.